The Makalu FX Carbon is your companion for all mountain adventures. It comes equipped with the new Aergon Air. This latest generation of grip is specially tuned for trekking and has been redesigned in terms of comfort and control and improved in countless ways. The special hollow core technology allows a combination of lightweight construction with large, supportive surfaces that meet all the ergonomic requirements of your hand. The fully rubberized grip head of the Aergon Air provides maximum grip and control when going downhill. The inclined angle supports your wrist for optimal guidance and placement of the pole and contributes to safety on the mountain. The grip extension provides an additional grip option when walking uphill. With the Lock Security Strap Skin 4.0 you can adjust the strap perfectly to your hand for optimal grip and pressure. Thanks to Speed Lock 2 plus, the all-carbon folding pole can be adjusted in seconds. The Makalu FX Carbon is your reliable partner on the mountain!
- Poles fold into 3 sections, making them easy to quickly stow in your pack when not in use
- DSS Antishock System, integrated directly above the tip, reduces peak impacts by approximately 40%, thus relieving stress on joints, tendons and ligaments
- Aergon Air grips represent a complete redesign for comfort and control, with lightweight hollow-core technology and supportive surfaces to meet your ergonomic needs
- Backs of grips are fully rubberized for maximum grip and control when going downhill
- Inclined grip angle of 8° supports your wrists in a neutral position for optimal guidance and efficient, effective pole placement
- Adjustable Lock Security Skin straps are made from breathable, lightweight, extra-soft material for maximum comfort
- Extended foam grips are ideal for traversing and climbing
- ELD is a user-friendly locking mechanism for fast and easy assembly; it releases pole tension with the push of a button
- Speed Lock 2+ lever system offers fast and easy length adjustments between 110 and 130 cm, even when you're wearing gloves
- System is also smaller and lighter than Speed Lock 1, while delivering a 20% higher holding force
- Superlight and stiff high-modulus carbon shafts for optimal swing weight
- Interchangeable basket system makes it easy to screw on/off various Leki baskets for different seasons or uses; offset threads help to keep the baskets securely in place
- Carbide tips offer excellent grip
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.